Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Wings and underplayed Bible.

I have had so many great opportunities to grow in my faith. I have been to camps, retreats, conferences, outings, meetings and gatherings. I’ve fasted, prayed, experienced silence, solitude, stillness and study. I’ve read books, listened to tapes, watched great messages on dvd and discussed Christian classics over coffee (actually Chai). But here’s the deal. If I don’t do anything with what I’ve gained…have I really gained anything? I found this verse a few weeks ago.


“Only let us live up to what we have already attained.”
Phil 3:16

I say “I found it” because it is tucked behind a very common verse we hear a lot...but this one gets very little play. (see what I mean
here)

My desire it to live up to what I have already attained. Many people in the world would die to have experienced some of the amazing things I have been able to experience. Home churches in China would be revolutionized by the simple library (o.k. 4 shelves of books…but that’s a ton to the persecuted church) of resources that I own, and have at my fingertips. God, help me today to simply draw on what I already know and have attained…and apply it.

I watched the Colts game with some great friends last night. Evan, Shane,
Morris and Gern. What a great time. I should have gotten the mild sauce on my wings. Ouch! I got on-line this morning and read Evan’s blog and was almost brought to tears at this entry…or maybe it’s still the wings?

Lastly, Aaron has a new baby Cousin. Alayna. He loves her a lot and will tell you all about it. Here's the CONTEST FOR THE DAY. Comment and leave a "suggested title" for this picture. I'll pick a winner tomorrow and the winner gets a free t-shirt from randomshirts.com.

Alex F. won yesterday. She was wrong, but she was the closest. The picture was on the ferry that takes you to Mackinaw Island, Michigan. Nice try for those of you who guessed Niagra falls though. But South Carolina in August wearing sweatshirts. Come on people. Have you never watched CSI. Get some skills.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "Monkey in the Middle"
Haha!
Amie :)

By the way Alex it's not school time. :)

Anonymous said...

hey scott...so i'm thinking amie's is very creative...i like it...hmmmm....i'll have to go with "lions, tigers, and teddy bears"....of course amie's i better...but hey, i gave it a shot...i really like what you had to say today scott...about applying all that you have learned or else the information is pointless in knowing it...something to think about...well, i'll see you later....
Alex Shoemaker Furnivall

i love you amie...

Anonymous said...

Well how about a thorn between two roses! Not that your a thorn, haha, the kids are just so cute!
-Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hey Scottie,
I would have to say Alayna has a more subtle way of say "Ewe...dad/uncle scott...you smell get AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!"

just kidding scott...i love you... ha ha

katie furnivall

Anonymous said...

you make a good point, i mean thats sort of been on my mind every now and then, i mean i keep doing things such as all the stuff you listed, and if i don't do anything with it, there isn't much point, ill will meditate on this..my your padawan learner. And for the title..hhmm "Look at all the Kids" you know its the best i got, because you sort of look like a kid, man thats bad hold on scratch that, i can think of somthing better...."Look who's happy now" hey thats not bad if you think about it, i mean the cousin is just sitting there while you and aaron are just chillin smiling, and well you know he will eventually, and its based of the the hit movie with john travolta, and hhmm whats her name whos on all those "hey i was fat now im skinnier" commercials, but yeah thats the best i g Kirstie Alley thats it...ok im done, now thats some random rambling

Anonymous said...

ok im back, and if i win, im tempted to get
http://www.randomshirts.com/productinfo/mybadeve.htm
i dont know, at first glance its pretty funny you have to admit

Anonymous said...

hey scott!! what's shakin bacon?? that picture of you aaron and Alayna is really cute! when was she born?? Arron is very cute too!!!! well i have to go!
c ya!