Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Recognizing what's always there.

Acquiring a spiritual life is about recognizing God, making time for God, admitting our shortcomings to God and understanding that God is here.
(Steve Case—God is Here)

Recently I have been becoming more aware that God is all around me all the time. Duh! We learn that in Sunday school and for some reason as kids, we don’t have a problem understanding that and even acting on it. But somewhere between puberty and acquiring a mortgage I think we become less aware of his presence. Maybe it’s because we are more aware of our own sin, and we can’t stand the thought of God being right beside us, in front of us and all around us when we have blatant sin all over us. I started this paragraph by saying that I’ve recently been reminded of Gods presence. It has been as my little boy hugs me. He’s into this phase where there is no such thing as a little hug. It’s one of those grab your neck, squeeze, pull and attempt to suffocate kind of hugs. But it warms my heart and makes me aware that God is all around me. Aaron, you can’t read yet…but thanks for reminding me of the presence of my creator. I hope I can do the same for others…even without the squeezing/hugging part.

Great article about intimacy with God. (here) It is a rather large .pdf so sorry about the download time. (Approx 3 minutes on dial-up. Less than a minute on cable or DSL.)

Here's a picture I took while I was in Phoenix this summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing.... Aaron's hugs remind me that God loves ME, too!! What a blessing it is to parent with you....
Deanna

Anonymous said...

Thats an awesome entry scott... and true in many ways..the picture is so pretty to! well catch ya later!
Ash Marie

Anonymous said...

wow, scott....that was a really cool thing to read....so many parts i can relate to...so much of it i can understand...and soo much i can learn from it...i liked several of the sentences....especially the one that says: "you are only as influential for Fod as you are experienced with God."...and i like how the author noted that a new beleiver can have more effective words than someone who has been a Christ-follower for many years....it gives me the desire to want to help more people find God....thanks for the words that were 'spoken' in this entry....i really liked that begining quote...it's a very good reminder...
Alex Shoemaker Furnivall

Anonymous said...

I love when my little 3 year old cousin comes running to me screaming my name and giving me a hug that makes me fall over. It makes you feel so special.

The picture is really pretty. I love the outdoors.
Amie :)