Monday, November 28, 2005

Great weekend

Great weekend

Man, what a good weekend.  Thanksgiving was great.  Good food, good time with our families and one of my favorite family traditions...decorating the Christmas tree.  You may find that stupid, but I don't care.  I love it.  And, this is two years in a row that Deanna and I didn't fight when we picked out the tree.  Aaron seemed to enjoy the whole process too.  He even got to put a little tree of his own in his room.  Two things and I'll move on.  I can’t believe I'm confessing this...but the Christmas tree decorating process isn't complete unless we eat homemade chocolate chip cookies and listen to the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Christmas album while decorating the tree. (listen here) If you don't believe me, try it this year.  You too will experience Christmas bliss like I have so many times as a child and now as an adult.  (it is available on CD and cassette)  Maybe Deanna and I should listen to Kenny and Dolly WHILE picking out the tree.   Maybe that would help.  

Other noteworthiness
Tonight at "One" was really cool.  We had the opportunity to quiet our hearts and worship God.  We do that every week, but this week was without the band.  Don't get me wrong...I have had some AMAZING times of worship at WCC and other places with some outstanding worship teams.  But tonight was just sitting and letting God wash over me.  Listening to him and giving myself to him.  I loved the experience and I loved watching hundreds of others have the same experience.  Thanks God for showing up in the quiet still times!  Actually, thanks for being there always.

Interesting thought:  In high school, for my writing class, I copied old journals because I couldn't come up with anything to "free write" about.  This is probably about my hundredth blog entry.  Huh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think... You should just go to Lowe's and pick out a fake tree that you both like. :) Then you won't have to worry about it ever again.
How's that for conflict resolution? :)
I do appreciate reading what you have to say... Always something of interest.

Anonymous said...

hey scott...how's it going?...hey, so both of these past two entries wre really good...speaking of goog...one rocked...even without the band!!!...i have heard several people say that they liked the whole quiet time with God...personally, i thought it was really good...i don't really ever spend quiet times with God...so when i do...it is always so good for our relationship....hmmm...it's a wonder why i do'nt do it moe often...but i think we should do that more frequently...i also think we should have a full night of "8:17"...OR ONEor whatever it is called these days...wow...the whole connection between the little boy, the apples, and the father to how people fell about their relationship to God is great....and also about giving ourselves to God...that's awesome too...hey, i'll talk to you later...
Alex S. F.

Drewser said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Now I have to waste my time at work catching up on the last 4 months of your blog! :sigh: Well, welcome to the world where everyone put their thoughts on the web for everyone to read assuming everyone wants to read them. Gotta go so I can update my blog.