Thursday, November 17, 2005

Nun-Chai (not a martial art)

A nun does not get up each morning and go to the closet and think to herself, Hmmmm, I wonder what to wear today. The habit is what she wears. It is what covers her. It is what identifies her. Our condition is the same (as believers). Our habit is the risen Christ. He is what covers us. He is what identifies us. We wear him into every moment, and when we live with this awareness, we PRAISE CHRIST. (David Crowder—Praise Habit)

I like this thought because it is comforting. I am wearing the risen Christ. He goes with me, before me and walks beside me. I can confidently move through life knowing that the one who invented life and cheated death is a part of me. How I forget that daily I will never know. I guess that is why I am thankful for reminders like worship music, hugs from my little boy, encouraging words from my wife, or comments left on my blog by friends.(hint)


I enjoyed a nice cup of Vanilla Chai with a shot of cinnamon at Starbucks in Marion last night. Aaaaahhhh. Chai.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an intresting way to put it.
That Christ is the one whom we wear. This thought came to me that depending on how we wear Him is how other people see Him. You have to think to yourself. How do I wear Him. Do I hide Him or show Him for all the world to see. Just a thought.
Amie :)

Anonymous said...

nice hinting there scott....i like that concept...you wouldn't wear an extravigant outfit if you didn't want to show it off, so show off the God you know and make that appearance appealing to others...so that they too want to wear the appearal of a risen Christ...it seems that too often i forget what God wants me to remember and do at all times...it is such hard work...but then again...following God and acting as his Son did is not meant to be easy work...i also like what comment amie had to say...in society today...clothes can define who a person is...so if you wear Christ, you will hopefully be seen as a Christ-follower...scott, whay are some people afraid of being seen as a beleiver?...is it because we are strangers....and are often treated as if we don't (which we don't anyway...because heaven is our home...)...and because we are ridiculed...i'm just working on putting thoughts together in my head and this came to mind...sorry for the long entry...i'll talk to you later...thanks, scott...for the entry...and the helpful words you always have to say...oh, by the way...i took your advice on what we talked about...so thanks for that too...
Alex

Anonymous said...

ooops..i was just reading through what i wrote and realized i mispelled (ha ha get it...) a few words....so sorry for that...
Alex S. F.

here is a qoute about wrongly spelled words...
"if a word in the dictionary were mispelled, how would we know?"
-steven wright

gotta love that guy...many funny quotes come from him...

ok...bye!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! I love that quote Alex. It's true how would we know. :)
Amie

Rick said...

ok, so I found your blog, and I about freaked out as your coffee pic was downloading, cuz I totally thot about your story of nuns and pics....and I chuckled inside.