Monday, November 07, 2005

Where in the world...

Several years ago, I bought Deanna one of the cheeziest Christmas gifts I have ever gotten her...but it might have been one of my most thoughtful (so she says). I purchased for her the cd rom version of "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego". She had shared with me once, that as a child she loved playing the game with her sisters. So during a random pre-Christmas outing to "Staples"-The office supply superstore- The game leaped to me from the rack of often forgotten, but reasonably priced cd rom games. I purchased it. Aaahhh...what a memory.

In honor of that memory and the fact that this week kicks off NBC's,
The Today Show, feature, "Where in the world is Matt Lauer" ...I submit this picture of Deanna and I on our first anniversary. It was an amazing vacation. One that I will never forget. Spending that much time with my best friend at this location was relaxing, fun and just really cool. (So cool in fact, we went back for our second anniversary) So, here's what you get to do now. Guess where we went on our anniversary. Leave a comment and guess where the photo was taken. The old ladies and the water give a small clue. Here's another clue...our anniversary is August 16th. If you think you know, submit a comment with your answer. The first right answer gets a free t-shirt from randomshirts.com. (Sorry Deanna, you are not eligible)

By the way, two years after I got her the Carmen Sandiego game ...I got her "Clue:Murder at Boddy Mansion" for Christmas...the music on the game is annoying...but she loved it. I love that gal.
Coming later this week: A picture that includes my 1994 Saturn, a really good friend and a really dead pig.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it's "Niagra Falls" ( at least I hope I'm right. ) :)
Amie

Anonymous said...

I really have no clue, not that my guesses count anyway.
All I want to see is that 1994 Saturn *dramatic sigh* God bless Saturn.

Anonymous said...

My first thought was a cruz b/c it looks like your on a boat and you have jackets...mabey old pp. go on cruzes...but i also thought another country b/c the seasons are switched around...but i think ill go with my initial answere...a cruz
katie furnivall

Anonymous said...

i too am guessing niagra falls! but not for sure!
ash davis

Anonymous said...

I think its Niagra Falls in Canada...

Jessica Luu

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure but I think that it is Myrtle Beach

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with Niagra Falls, lets see how it works!
Lauren :)

Anonymous said...

Niagra falls is my guess. It looks like you are on a boat or something. Well it wouldn't matter if I was right or not becasue other people have already commented so I will talk to you later!!
-Kyrie-

Anonymous said...

is it lake michigan....that's taking a wild guess...either that or florida(due to the elderly ladies...)....well scott...i guess i'll talk to you later....
Alex Shoemaker Furnivall

oh, by the way....homeschool people shouldn't be able to guess before the time that us people in school get out of school.....come on amie...geez!....just kidding

Anonymous said...

Anniversary eh? Well, I would definitely have to go with Lima, Ohio. I mean its pretty obvious. Ohio's practically a big lake itself. Anyway, let me know where to pick up the prize. Later.
- R. Edge

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,
tell me what you think of the picture I sent of me Blayke and Adoniram.
vince