Wednesday, November 30, 2005

He doesn't need me?

If I get hungry, do you think I'd tell you?
All creation and its bounty are mine.
Psalm 50:12 (The Message)

It’s sometimes hard to remember that God doesn’t need me…he wants me. He can get along fine without me. I love this Psalm, because it is kind of like God is sarcastically saying, “Hello, did you forget who is God? Did you forget who made the planet you are standing on…and the legs you are using to stand.”

I don’t want to forget today to look at stuff (or anything for that matter) and remember that God put everything in place. There is an order to the world and if I were to trace anything back to where it came from…I would find God.

God, I pray that the trail of my life would lead back to you. I desire to bring you glory today. May everyone that encounter today have a brush with you…because you are in me. Help me not to hide that.
---------------------
We had fun this weekend cutting down a Christmas tree. The horses were a fun surprise too. Yes, we kill a live tree and put it in our house. But Aaron loves it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's easy to forget everything you know...like how God doesn't need us, he wants us...i forget sooo many things...it's hard to remember it all and apply it all...i guess that's when you need to majorly chande your habits and lifestyle to better suit God...thanks for the encouraging words, scott....
Alex S.F.