Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Important things...people.

Stillness…silence…peace…prayer.  Things we don’t experience often enough.  

God, help me today to experience you.  I desire an encounter with you today.  Help me not to miss it because I’ve got my nose down, I’m running hard and working even harder.  I desire community and communion with you over isolation and productivity.  I know that out of that communion will flow the priorities of my day, week and month.  And if I stop for just one minute and reflect on your teaching and the life of your son Jesus, I know that people are going to rise to the top.  Thanks for elevating me on your list of priorities.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey scott. have a good thanksgiving :) later.
*carlye snider

Anonymous said...

i want the same thing

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making us a priority.... you're the best!

I love you,
Deanna

Anonymous said...

wow...i can totally relate to this exact problem right now...i feel like there are so masny things to do its hard to find "God time"....
Alex s. f.
thanks for that scott...

Anonymous said...

I agree with Alex on this one. It is sometimes really hard to find time. But for God there's always time for us. That's something I need to work on because if He always has time for me no matter what. I should always find time for Him.

Also I was wondering if you could pray for me. I'm going to Florida in two days. So pray that my whole family get there safe. There's twenty-eight of us going so it's going to be fun.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Amie :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Scott.
For once, I just stopped and let that sink in. It feels amazing to be that important to someone. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your blog has become a daily read.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Britt