Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Our other child.

Please forgive me. I can't believe that I have been blogging this long and have never mentioned this sweet little girl that is such a huge part of our family. Please allow me to introduce to you...Vetriselvi. She is the young little lady that we sponsor every month through Compassion International. She lives in South-Eastern India. She calls us Auntie and Uncle when she writes us letters. She colors for us...and every month we support her financially and get to provide her with food, clothes and an education. In return, she offers us perspective in life. What I mean is...when I am feeling like I am having a bad day...I remember that Vetriselvi got a bowl of rice...for the day. When I desire some new piece of technology or want to spend wildly on myself...I remember that Vetriselvi gets a new dress on her birthday and at Christmas. We also share Vetriselvi's story with Aaron...especially when he whines! Her picture stays on our fridge and I am reminded to pray for her often. Many of her family members have died...and we have said many times, if we ever get a letter telling us that both of her parents have passed away, we are going to get her and bring her here with us.

We have sponsored this little girl for five years, and we have watched her grow up...even if only through pictures and letters. I just wanted to share with you this little lady that has had a significan impact on our hearts, our walk with God and our family.

WARNING: Everything in this entry is true. None of it has been fabricated or embellished. However, it is a set-up for the next few entries. I have no scruples when it comes to something I truly believe in. Lifechange is one of those things. More later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really neat Scott... Especially that you've seen her grow up, and are sharing all of this with Aaron. That's just plain cool. This blog is so neat, getting to see your heart :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott!!! it was great seeing you today! and didnt you LOVE my fake smile today! hah i always thought it was the teeth are the light to the soul! anyway! that is awesome about you other child you aer soon to a father of 3 hah! ash

Anonymous said...

Wow, I sure love this little girl, too! It was fun to hear you "blog" about her. She's such a doll!!! I wonder what she is doing right now?!!! Probably sleeping????

Love you,
Deanna