Friday, September 30, 2005

Blog Cheater

I can't believe that I am actually going to blog this big of a quote. It seems like cheating, but then again...this quote blows me away. Read it a few times and let it sink in...I'll wait.

"True Christian experience must always include a genuine encounter with God. Without this, religion is but a shadow, a reflection of reality, a cheap copy of the original once enjoyed by someone else of whom we have heard.
The spiritual giants of old were men who at some time became acutely aware of the real presence of God and maintained that consciousness the rest of their lives. The first encounter may have been one of terror...Usually this fear soon lost its content of terror and changed after a while to delightsome awe, to level off finally into a reverent sense of complete nearness to God. The essential point is THEY EXPERIENCED GOD. " -A.W. Tozer

That blows my mind. I want to be one of those people who gets up in the morning and experiences God. Not so I can be some spiritual giant...but so when I am gone from this world and I'm spending every waking minute with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, people will say about me: "He experienced God...and he taught me to do the same."

Sorry that this is so heavy...but I know you can handle it. What do you want people saying about you once you are gone?

SG

No comments: