Tuesday, September 13, 2005

"But I don't want to..."

Engaging with God's playlist (spiritual disciplines) isn't something that I always want to do. That has certainly been the case over the last week as I have fought the battle in my head several times over some of the disciplines of "omission". It's really hard in this culture to deny yourself something on purpose...especially when every billboard, commercial and magazine add is screaming at you to give yourself stuff. But I am learning and am realizing that when I don't want to serve God in my head, I can ask God to give me the desire to serve Him. (Phil 2:12-13) And I am finding that more often than not...he delivers.

On a side note...I am loving journaling and I am finding that as the weather is changing, this season is an easier time of year for me to connect with God than any other. Not sure why, but it takes more effort for me in the summer and winter months.

I'm looking forward to going golfing this week. Not sure that it is a spiritual discipline...but man it's relaxing!

No comments: