Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Overflow

I think "overflow" sounds like a great name for a band. Anyway, a friend and I were talking the other night and we were sharing about ministry and just how we were feeling. He commented that he noticed something different about me. Then it hit me. I have been active with my pursuit of God lately on a significant level. I feel great, and God is daily giving me new strength. Then I was reminded of a talk I heard by Rob Bell at the Willow Creek Teaching Conference two years ago (at least I think that's where I heard it...give me a break, I'm trying to give credit). He said, (paraphrase) "are you teaching out of the overflow of your walk with God or are you scraping off of the bottom to give away something you only once had a long time ago?" Praise God...I am beginning to experience what it looks like to have "overflow."

Fasting: This is funny. I have tried the "fasting thing" lately, and it has blown me away. I've done it before with less than "overflow" results. But this time was different. Maybe because I paired it with prayer and reading God's word...and not with watching the clock and stalking the fridge door as I waited for the precious seconds to pass until I could eat again. I think fasting is a new regular part of my life. If you are interested, ask me about it, because I'll probably never just bring it up...it's not about me, it's about Jesus.

Wow...I've never heard their music, but I just googled "overflow" and they are a band. Huh. That's all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Scott, I can't wait 'till sunday. I'm bringing two of my friends already.(yes I have friends)Alot of kids from school said they'll come too. IT'S GONNA BE SWEET!
Your not too familiar with me, but you saw me at the game fri. and Cody and I recorded you.
Later
-Blayke

PomLindsay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PomLindsay said...

I've created a blog that actually works...sorry Scott for utilizing yours as a postboard but including you take this as a message..my blog is now... http://wonsmw.blogspot.com
so if anyone wants to contact meh go there