Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Missing what you don't have.

Our phone at home has been out since yesterday at 3pm. It's been a rather interesting experience. Besides the lousy customer service offered by Sprint (the guy actually asked us if we were interested in switching our long distance when we called to report that they were not even providing us with phone service because of an outage) I learned last night that I have become very "dependent" on the internet and staying connected. I was a little disappointed by my anxiety level every time I went by our office and tried to log on. (yes we are still on dial-up...we are practicing the spiritual discipline of simplicity...and we're cheap!) Have I let this connectedness get in the way of God and I? How did the pioneers connect with God without biblegateway.com to look up verses? Last night was good for me. No computer...no internet...just my journal and Gods word. Now that I think about it...I hope our phone is out more often...kind of.

Scott

No comments: