Friday, September 16, 2005

Truffles and Chex mix as a Spiritual Discipline

I discovered today a piece of what I think Jesus was talking about when he talked about “the body”. I had an amazing time today with a bunch of youth leaders from town. We sat together, ate together, prayed together and shared our hearts (and some laughs) together. I think the key there was “together”. The spiritual discipline of “Fellowship” maybe. What is interesting, is that until I typed that last sentence, I was feeling like today I wasn’t doing a very good job at pursuing God. But I must say…this is the second time I have experienced “fellowship” (we don’t call it that…but do we ever?) with these other men…and in my spirit, I know God was honored (by at least most of it I think)…and fellowship was experienced. Sweet!

On a side note…don’t ever try to beat John Bryan (from New Life) at “Skee Ball”. He’s a monster. Thanks Tim for the tokens and thanks JB for lunch. I am excited about what God is doing and is going to do with a bunch of youth leaders committed to a time of encouraging words, prayer and the “breaking of bread”. (I think Gordy’s counts as breaking bread?) Huh…Acts 2 points out that when people did that same thing 2000 years ago…”the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.” Game on God! We stand ready should you choose to bless us in the same way!

No comments: