Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Pace

Man...the pace of life can really get carried away. I had a great quiet time with God this morning then ran to several back-to-back appointments. I even spoke at Lakeland's chapel. Yet, God has been pretty far down on my list of "things to think about". Now, I have to run because I'm headed home. The pace of life (as American's especially) I am beginning to see again is in direct conflict I think with pursuing God consistently, passionately and (as Paul says) "without ceasing". Maybe I can have 7 minutes of great prayer time on my drive home....right now. Go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott! I had a great time at ONE! It was amazing! It was awesome to see so many new faces there! And I loved the group thing where we met the leaders and got to know them more! I'm glad I always have you all there for me when I need help with something! See you Sunday! Can't wait!!
-Mercedes

Jason Morris said...

I understand the whole concept of "pace" in this article. Yesterday, I had one of those days where I sat down to read and got distracted with phone calls and all that jazz.

Conner and I were talking about that the other day...How we get so busy with back-to-back appointments and all that jazz and realize we haven't spent enough time praying, studying, listening...

We both have read some Eugene Peterson books where he talks about scheduling quiet times. That's hard for me because I'm more of a spontaneous type. But, he puts things on his schedule, quiet time, rest, play time, devotion time...then when someone calls to make an appointment, he simply says, "I'd love to meet, but my schedule is booked at that time."

I think that's in "The Contemplative Pastor." It's a pretty good read.