Sunday, September 25, 2005

See you AFTER the Pole

I can't believe what I witnessed tonight. The worship service that I just came from was amazing. Seeing 500+ students gathered together for the same reason (to give praise to God) blew me away. It is an image that I will not soon forget. Not to mention the energy and excitement. Then there was the fact that these were middle school and high students...many teaching and leading us adults in worship. What an amazing time. I can't tell you how much I appreciate my new group of friends. The youth leaders that gathered there tonight on the stage are men chasing after God, and they want every student to do the same. Thank you guys for making tonight happen.

I'm going to single out two people. One is Stevan Sheets (Warsaw Wesleyan youth pastor). Stevan believed in this night and in me from the beginning. Stevan, thanks for sticking your neck out for me, our ministry, this night and the kingdom. I owe you big! The cool thing is, you don't even see it like that. (Stevan posted a few pictures of tonight, here)
Secondly, thank you Abe. You are an amazing worship leader. It was awesome seeing you use your gift tonight...as you led over 500 students in worship. Thank you also for your constant friendship and encouragement. It is a privilege to serve with you.
Students...I can't wait to see what God does with your offering of praise. I can only hope that the "Lord will add to our numbers daily those who are being saved." Get ready: "...the tide is coming in, here it is..."

Scott

No comments: