Friday, September 23, 2005

Desperate

Is it possible to not even know that you are desperate for God? I think that's the place I get too when my day seems to be unraveling and things seem out of control. I don't even realize that what is happening is that I am experiencing a desperateness for God. Too many times I have tried to fill that emptiness with something else other than Him. I think that is why this podcast (spiritual discipline) thing is such a big deal. When we are regularly hearing Him the times of desperateness don't seem so bad, and the first thing we reach for (usually) is God...and not something (or someone) else.

I am excited to worship as a unified body of believers this weekend at the "See you AFTER the Pole" gathering. God, blow us away with your presence!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hhmm you make a good point my friend, and i do indeed see that one could fill that spot with somthing that is not truly as important as the big guy up stairs. Well i guess ill see you at well after the pole, adios

Nick (i wont even put my last name sence im pretty much the only nick you know, or i guess you may know another, but what other nick would continue rambling on about somthing such as this, i mean so if logic is taken into consideration on this, one would clearly see that this nick is indeed this nick you know and the same nick that is writing this message....amen)