Sunday, September 18, 2005

Pace 2

1 Peter 4:1-2 "Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourself with the same attitude." Last night, I read one of my journals from 1996. I had written the line, "I don't know why someone would intentionally experience suffering or brokenness." I think that is significant because over the last several years (and even more over the last few weeks) I have discovered exactly why a person intentionally experiences suffering or brokenness (i.e. Spiritual Disciplines). To draw close to God! That 1 Peter passage goes on to indicate that those who do that... have an advantage over sin (and the sinful nature). Count me in on that.
Today should be rather crazy. I'm leading C56 and heading up Summit tonight. This really gets at the "Pace" entry from below. I hope to carve out some significant time for an afternoon nap and hang time with the "little man".

No comments: