Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Question for Tuesday

Catalyst Thought: I was moved deeply last week when I heard Donald Miller (author of Blue Like Jazz) make the following statement. "Six months after becoming a believer, most new Christians lose their influence with non-believers." That scares the poo out of me. I read that and I think, "Who do I have influence with? Do I have any influence with people who aren't believers. Do I even have friends who aren't believers?"
Now, pair that with this quote from Erwin McManus. "We're not losing the game (winning new believers) because people are becoming more secular, it's because we are becoming too spiritual." Yikes. Am I too spiritual for non-believers to stomach? That makes me want to quit my job in the church and start applying for jobs at the local foundry or at the BP station to meet and rub shoulders with people just looking for a friend. Let's not freak out... I know God has me here for a reason...but I want to be influential with people far from Him. God, help us all to be INFLUENTIAL today!

Question of the Day: How often in the last week would you say you have felt extremely tired (not just sleepy) or run down?
Answers to choose from:
a.) not at all
b.) sometimes
c.) often
d.) all the time.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey scott! in the last week i'm pretty sure i'd have to go w/ C...

hope you are having a great day!

Jessica Delp

Anonymous said...

adsfgsdfgsdfg

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott
I would have to say C. Most of the time I am very busy and have things to do all the time.

Will Brown

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott! I would have to say C on that one. There is just so much stuff to do in a day! Have a great week!
Mercedes P.

Anonymous said...

I'm don't usually feel to run down mentally, or really physically. The only thing I have a problem with is getting my homework done when I should, that adds some stress. And, I am always staying up, so I'm usually pretty tired. I think I'm going to go with C.

Anonymous said...

I would have to say B.

Tyler Akers

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott!
I'm gonna say D on that one actually. Its not that I dont try to sleep...its that i go to bed and think to much...then i cant sleep...haha
**Emily

Anonymous said...

hey scott...just looking at last week i would have to say b...but that was just luck my life is sooo hectic its usually D.

katie furnivall

Anonymous said...

hey scott, my week is usually very laid back so i would probably have to say b.

Anonymous said...

hey scott....
wow...good question...i think the answer 'b' applies best to me though...see ya later...have a rockin' night...
alex shoemaker furnivall

Anonymous said...

d. all the time. My life has been a whirlwind of events lately.

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott! I would have to go with C. Life seems to wear me down recently. It seems like i am in a constant battle against Satan. ~Courtney Lewis

Anonymous said...

hey scott!
i think i would have to go w/ "c" cause i'm usually really busy

Kayla Stout

Anonymous said...

often!

Andrew Cutshall/wizard

Anonymous said...

i'm always tired!!!!!!!!1 i never get sleep! it sucks!--Tara Akers