Thursday, October 13, 2005

Pace (third entry)

I'm starting to see a pattern. Yes, this issue of "pace" seems to continue to surface in my life. (cruise through my blog archives to read the "pace issue" pattern) It seems to root out the things that are really important, and let surface the things that are urgent. This really should come as no surprise to me. I've let it burn me before, so I now know what to look for and how to avoid an all-out crash. The key is, disrupting the pattern. I think this pace (what's driving what or who's driving who) issue is one that affects us all. (although I would question whether or not the little compassion girl in India we sponsor deals with it...her name is Vetriselvi). Last week at Catalyst, I heard Bill Hybels speak to this same issue. He said:


"the rate at which I was doing the work of God was destroying the work of God in me."

Wow...that's good stuff. I think I'm going to go for a walk and enjoy God's creation. God, help me with my pace today...even if it's just on the inside.

Question of the day: Which would you rather eat: a house salad from McDonald's or a house salad from Applebee's? (it's salad, is there really a difference?)

Here are the guys I went to Catalyst with.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey scott hopefully your having a great day...i would probably rather have a salad at McDonalds...its cheaper

katie

Anonymous said...

This one is kinda tuff... haha... I would probably have to go with Katie on this one though and say McDonald's cause it is cheaper... but Applebee's would probably taste fresher.

Noelle Scrafton

Anonymous said...

I would say Applebee's because hopefully it'd be fresher. Applebee's would alter the salad the way I want it too.

Cathy Laker

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott, for me, it would depend on who was buying the salad. If I was paying, I would go to McDonalds. But the salad at Applebees would taste much better. Applebees

Will Brown

Anonymous said...

I would chose Applebees over McDonalds any day... I dont like McDonalds salads,they are grose.

Deanna Dilley

Anonymous said...

hey, i would have to go for the Applebee's. You get more of a variety andit tastes a lot better.

Kyle Petty

Anonymous said...

hey...i was kind of thinking the same thing...is one salad from one place all that different from another salad from a different place?...but i guess if you're making me choose...i'll go with McDonald's due to the price and the quick rate at which you would receive it....but if that didn't matter...then probably applebee's because of the fresh ingredients used....i'll talk to you later....
Alex Shoemaker Furnivall

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with Applebee's because McDonald's is more fatning cause they have nastyness in everything they make. But I don't mind some of their stuff. I'm just sayin if it's gonna be a salad I'd rather go Applebee's.

Anonymous said...

Applebee's definately!! :)

*Brooke Salla

Anonymous said...

ummm i don't really like salad that much...unless it has some kind of meat in it!

jessica delp

Anonymous said...

I'd actually prefer a nice salad from Marsh.. But if I'd have to choose, it'd be McDonalds.

-Austin Brenneman

Anonymous said...

Umm probably Applebees...its fresher i guess!

Anonymous said...

i don't really care which one i eat but mcdonalds is cheaper.

Kayla Stout

Anonymous said...

I would rather eat a house salad from Applebee's its is fresh. McDonald's salads are frozen.

Anonymous said...

Ya mcdonalds is cheaper..lol good answer guys..thats what i would say--Tara Akers