Monday, December 05, 2005

What can I do?

What can I do?
  You and I have been created with a unique purpose.  

Ephesians 2:10 points out that we are all here for a reason…and that God has gone before us to pave the way.  

“No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.”  (The Message)

I think that I spend too much of my time preparing work for me to do instead of doing the work HE has prepared me to do.  

The Christmas season reminds me of this fact every year.  Example:  The three wise men…they were created to be the ones that would welcome Jesus…and protect him from Herod.  The Shepherds…well, what would the story be without shepherds. (I think you get the point)  My prayer is that we would discover what HE wants us to do, and has prepared for us to do…and do it.    

1 comment:

Jason Morris said...

It's hilarious that you wrote about Ephesians 2:10. A couple of days I wrote that verse down on a post-it note to blog about at some time. Now I won't because it will appear that I'm copying off of you. Good word!