Tuesday, December 20, 2005

“Doing what you…”

“Why do you do the things you do, do…when you don’t do the things you should do?”
  --Bishop Ken Ulmer

I heard that quote recently and it reminded me of the Ephesians 2:10 passage that says that God has prepared in advance things for us to do.  
Often I find myself working on other stuff.  God is in the people business.  I am thankful that he is.  That is why I am here today.  Jesus went to the cross because he is in the people business.   And he wants me to be also.  Help me with that today God.

YEAR IN REVIEW:  May was nuts.  We found ourselves traveling to Phoenix for a wedding (Drew and Lisa…you rock.) that I got to officiate.  Two weeks later we visited friends in New Jersey,  and then I did another wedding in Michigan later in the month.   It was a great month visiting with friends and seeing the country.  (I would give my right arm to be in Phoenix this morning…It’s zero outside.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody said that it's colder here than it is in the North Pole, intresting. :) I always enjoy reading what you have to say throughout the week. It always gives me something new to think about. Happy Holidays, Happy X-mas, but for the most part I wish you a very GOD filled
Merry CHRISTmas! and a Happy New Year.
- Amie

Anonymous said...

scott, i've been finding myself asking that same question, but instead of being directed towards someone else...it's been directed towards me...i feel like i am being really self-centered right now...and i really don't like it, but i still do nothing about it...scott, i don't know what i can do right now to fix my relationship with God...i feel like i am at one of the lowest points ever in my relationship with Him...and the strange part is that i have not committed any immoral sin or anything...i've just strayed away from Him and His love....i want to get back on track...so i suppose i should start somewhere...prayer, or devotionals is where i should probably start...scott...how do you remind yourself daily that you are committed to God...and you are His living sacrifice?...i guess that's where i first fell...i forgot about that reminder....sorry i made this so long and kind of off topic....i just had to get it off my mind and express my feelings by means of thinking out loud...it is really hard for me right now...preparing for the conversation with my dad...i think this is the main reason i have avoided God...i have lost complete faith in Him for fear that my dad may not understand what i am trying to say to him...even though i know...the Holy Spirit will speak through me if i have complete faith and trust in Him...well, i beeter go...i have a lot to pray abouy...talk to you later scott...
Alex