Thursday, January 12, 2006

Florida Bound

Well, I have waited to blog this...but here it is. Deanna and I are leaving on Monday for a five-day vacation in Orlando, Florida. Back in October, I won a trip to Disney World and surprised Deanna around Christmas time with it. Get this, I was at a conference (7,000 people) and won the trip because basically, I was the most enthusiastic... as voted on by the audience. (side note: the greek word "enthusio" which is the root word of "enthisiastic" means "God within") There were a rather interesting series of events that led the audience to their conclusion, but let’s just leave it at that. All we have to cover for the trip is the flight. What a blessing from God. Seems that the talents I have been given –while sometimes annoying to myself and others - come in handy at times.

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:19

Good stuff to hang your hat on!


Aaron and I had a blast together the other night. These fancy pudding cups were a hit. I can give you the recipe if you e-mail me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the trip. The three of you ( soon to be four ) will have an awesome time! :) But make sure you bring us back some sun. ( like we need it with weather we've been having ) haha! Well anyway have a good safe trip.
- ame

hmb said...

Scott!
Is YS sending you to Disney??? I was at the convention in Sacramento, and when you said, 7000 people, I thought...surely it was YS?

I felt like I was one of the most enthusiastic of our 3500 people in Sacramento, and I thought, "how is it possible for so many youth pastors to be this un-enthusiastic???"

Scott Greene said...

YS isn't sending me. It's the "Get Motivated" Peter Lowe seminars. These people were way less enthusiastic. It was like shooting fish in a barrel for me...and Deanna and I are going alone! Sweet...thanks grandma's and grandpa's!