Monday, February 13, 2006

Courage

"God has a unique purpose that he desires to carry out in me. To know this purpose, I must first know Him. To fulfill this purpose, I must trust Him and have the courage to act on it...which may feel like a risk. "---Catalyst, Elements of a Next Generation Leader

I think that I need to be more courageous. When I look back and examine my life...my greatest leaps in fulfilling my calling came when I was being courageous. Not foolish...but courageous. There was definitely risk involved. But at the time...it seemed as though the risk only affected me. The stakes are now higher. They affect people I love dearly. They affect comfort. They affect relationships. But they if they are driven by a clear calling...I must remember that "His ways are not our ways"...and that He has something big planned. That big thing may be for me, or it may be for someone else.

On another note: I am still trying to determine how I feel about "American Idol". Those people (contestants) seem to have their clear purpose in life concluded...and yet a panel of three can (and all of America can) clearly come to a different conclusion. I know I have blind spots...I just hope they are not that big!

Lastly...you have to watch this movie trailer. One of the funniest things I have seen in a while.

No comments: