Thursday, December 06, 2007

Calling quote

I have been talking about "calling" a lot lately. Not the Verizon-"Can you hear me now?" type of calling. I mean the "calling" thing we talk about in our Jesus circles. The type of calling that leads a person to move 500 mile from home in the middle of winter to the "snow dump" capital of the northeast.

I read a quote a year ago that has been huge. If you read this quote in combination with Ephesians 2:10, you will get a peek into the spiritual journey God has taken me on over the last twelve months. Yes, the same spiritual journey that is leading me to the home of the Bills, Buffalo Wings and soon to be "The Greene's."

"Calling" is a comprehensive picture of he unique path laid out for each of us, consisting of the particular things God has asked us--and sometimes no one else--to do.--Andi Ashworth

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to to the good works that he has planned in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

May you find what He is "calling" you to do today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what HE is calling me to do is take the high road in my life right now because HE knows that is the hardest thing to do and by doing that I will honor HIM! Yeah...not so much fun!

Unknown said...

Imagine my suprise when I ask someone from WCC to tell you hello and they drop this on me..."he moved to Buffalo, NY!" What? When? I'd love to here more of your journey my friend. Take care and God bless.

Deanna said...

I miss your blog.... you have much to say.... please say it! :)